Sunday, January 1, 2017

Backlit Plumeria Medley

Posting this couple days late since I go busy with end of the year festivities.
After doing a series of small watercolor florals during the year, I wanted to conclude with a bigger watercolor painting in 2016. So I picked out a reference picture which turned out to be quite complex for me. This reference picture had backlit pink plumeria buds and blossoms and quite a few of them.
I finished the painting one section at a time and then finally did value adjustments when I had covered all the paper area. In watercolor painting, it is very hard to wipe off dark paint and put a lighter color note on it. This took me sometime to carefully change things around, but I did it!!
Love how it came out and phew... got it done before 31st!!
 
click on image to view larger 
Backlit Plumeria Medley, 16x22 inches, Watercolor on Arches paper

Code# PK_16_024 

SOLD 
Fine art print available upon request, contact me - preranap@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...