Monday, January 16, 2017

30in30_Jan2017_Day16 An Orange Miracle - Plumeria

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein

What do you believe? I think everything is a miracle - including the creation of this Orange Plumeria painting !! When I got started, it was a blank white paper and to be honest it was quite intimidating to think what will come out of it... Nevertheless, I put some pencil marks based on the photo reference I had of the Orange Plumeria. Then for planning the light and shadows, I put in my first color statements as light and dark colored brush strokes. By then, I was in the flow and was more confident on what colors I am choosing. I didn't finish the painting in one sitting, worked on it for at least three days, as and when I was able to set my time aside. But I had the painting in my mind's eye already, so it was not hard to make good progress each time I sat down for painting. Of course there were times that I kept working on a certain area, over and over, until I thought I would ruin the painting. But at that point, I miraculously stopped and worked on another part to get some overall progress. That's how the painting process is for me, some parts flow real smooth and on others I feel I am pulling my hair out.
So Yes, I do believe everything is a miracle, including this little orange gem !!
click on image to view larger 
An Orange Miracle - Plumeria, 6x6 inches, Watercolor on Arches Paper

Code# PK_17_004
Available - Click Here

A larger size print can be made available on request - contact me on preranap@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...