Friday, May 5, 2017

Orchid Radiance

Goodness, I had decided that I will post at least 4 paintings in a month... but seems like the month of April just disappeared in thin air :) plus I also took a spring break and attended my daughters junior recital all the way cross country to almost north east! Every proud of her and she did such a good job, made every moment worth attending.
Well, it was busy and this Orchid Radiance took up a lot of time. In the end I had started pulling my hair apart. But now that its done, looking at it I am feeling very accomplished! It was a challenge to do these purple spots and in accordance with the light and shadows on the petals while still maintaining luminous effects. Lot of room for improvement still... but I know that I overcame the fear of painting these spots that I had been holding off for some time.
I am loving the result what about you?
click on image to view larger 
Orchid Radiance, 22 x 22 inches, Watercolor on 300lbs Arches Paper

Code# PK_17_012
Available - Contact preranap@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...