Monday, March 4, 2019

Full Bloom - Pink Rose - SOLD

I feel like I am going at a snails pace... but I am so happy that I am getting good results with my paintings. The first one was a hit! And this one too! I love love love it!!
This is painted from a picture taken of Roses in my backyard. There are hundreds of pictures from the same flower. This particular one was taken in morning light. I chose this picture because I wanted to paint the left over bud with just one petal. While I was clicking away, I held my breath hoping that this one petal wouldn't fall off... As the rose grows in age the color in its petals fades out and you can see the color completely faded out in the painting too. But it was lighted up so beautifully in the morning light.
The background is pretty much made up. This flower is in the backyard facing a greenbelt. So I thought green background would be appropriate. I love the blue light in the background and the petals, it brings a nice contrast and luminosity to the pink colored petals!!

BTW I wanted to finish this painting on Valentines day but I did the sketch itself a day after valentines :) So I am pretty much half a month or so behind in this painting!!

Pink is becoming my new favorite color!

click on image to view larger
Full Bloom - Pink Rose, 15x22 inches, Watercolor on 300lb Coldpress Archespaper

Code# PK_19_002
SOLD

Prints of this painting are available on my Etsy Website!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...