Saturday, February 11, 2017

Soul Searching Rose

In my last post I mentioned that I am ready to move on to a different color. Sure enough, I tried, but had to use some hints of PINK, This pink color is called Opera Pink and is available in Winsor and Newton Artists color. I could not do without it.
As always I am working on catching the light effects on the flower. The original background of my reference picture was different and so was the flower. But I used my artistic license to make it look the way it is.
For those who know Marathi language - the song that I was thinking about was - Tya phulanchaya Gandhakoshi.... I love the song!!
click on image to view larger 
Soul Searching Rose, 22x30 inches, Watercolor on Arches 300lb coldpress paper

Code# PK_17_007
Available - email preranap@hotmail.com for more info

(I am entering this painting for a juried exhibition, so for about couple months I will not be able to sell it)

2 comments:

  1. You are a master of lighting! Your flowers are just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a breathtaking piece.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...