Sunday, September 24, 2017

My First Sculpture - Ganesha

In my trip to India, I was looking to spend a weekend with plein air artists. Looking or a group, I stumbled upon a clay sculpting workshop by Milind Marathe in Pune. It was perfect timing, I always wanted to make my own Ganapati during the Ganesh Chaturthi. My wish came true and I was able to learn, below is the picture of my sculpture. It is made from air dry clay and using very basic sculpting tools. No mold used here, all the shapes made by hand!
Next year for sure I will be making my own Ganesha to see how it comes out...
July 29th-30th Ganesha Sculpting workshop
click on image to view larger 
Ganesha, air dry clay, 8 inches approx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...