Sunday, April 7, 2024

Krishna

Completed April 7, 2024

I had started this painting last year, but had left it unfinished for quite some time.
I picked up from where I left off and finished this painting.
It is first time I have painted Krishna and it was challenging for me. I set up the still life in the Kitchen window facing east. I was starting a new Pothos plant (aka money plant...) in a cup. The Krishna idol I have is beige in color. I tried different colors of cup I had for background, finally settled with this orange color. I thought the contrast looked good. 
As usual took many pictures and picked one with a proper crop for my painting.

For this painting, I tried 12x16 inch wood panel. So I prepped the wood panel with gesso first. After it was dry, I mounted (glued) watercolor paper on wooden panel using Liquitex professional matt gel.
Once the surface was prepared, I sketched and started watercolor painting as usual.
I really like this process as I will not need to frame the painting behind glass. I feel that glass framed painting has so many reflections and distortions due to glass, that the actual painting has a compromised look. In the image below, I have still not varnished the painting. Will post an updated picture once it is varnished.

click on image to view larger 
Krishna, 12x16 inches Watercolor on Wood Panel

Code# PK_24_001 
Available - Contact preranap@hotmail.co
m

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...