Thursday, May 23, 2019

Yellow Rose

Not sure what inspired me to pick yellow rose photo reference.. Just wanted to do a smaller size painting. Also I have been painting lots of pink color, just wanted a break from it. This is also a rose from my backyard and in this super bloom season, there is inspiration all over!
I decided to do it in the Chemer's Gallery Artist Demo. When I started there, I felt that I had painted the shadows too dark or what! The yellow started turning into green since I had a blue underpainting for shadow. Anyways, after coming home, I was able to fix some shadows and added more yellow pigment to make the yellow stronger!
I like how it came out finally!!

click on image to view larger 
Yellow Rose - 10 x 8 inches, Watercolor on 140 lb Coldpress, Arches Paper

Code# PK_19_005
Available - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...