Sunday, April 7, 2024

Ganesha Sculpture 2023

Completed Sept 16, 2023

As per my yearly tradition, I make my own Ganesha Sculpture for Ganesh Chaturthi. But this year I did not have much time. So I decided to do it very simple. My inspiration was Moreshwar - one of the Ashtavinayak Ganapati. Read more about Ashtavinayak here.
I tried the Mooshak (mouse) a little more detailed than the prior years. I think I like how it came out..

During this time Ganesha stays with us for 10 days. Everyday we light diya and pray in the evening.
When the 10 days stay is complete, we do visarjan - i.e immerse the idol in water. Since this idol is made with eco friendly clay and non toxic tempera paints, it completely dissolves in water overnight. 
We then pour all the water in the plants in our backyard. 
Next year I make a new idol and the cycle continues...

click on image to view larger
Ganesha Sculpture 2023, about 7 inches height










No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...